The Green Bay Area USBC will award three $1,000 academic scholarships. The three scholarships are the ‘Alvin J. Salmon Award,’ the ‘Rose & Maurice Lawyer Award’ and the ‘Leo Delvoye Award.’
- High school students in 10th through 12th grade are eligible (The applicant must be at least a sophomore in high school in order to apply)
- Must currently be a certified member of the Green Bay Area USBC in good standing and actively bowling in a certified youth league within the Green Bay Area USBC.
- A Youth bowler can apply multiple times for these scholarships, but may only be awarded one academic scholarship.
- Application must be filled out in a concise and orderly manner with complete information.
- Applicants are evaluated on leadership skills, community involvement, school activities, and bowling involvement
- Applications are available at Green Bay Area USBC Office, your local bowling centers, and also at www.greenbaybowling.com (These forms can be copied for distribution).
- IMPORTANT: The applicant will be solely responsible to mail/email all the following forms to the Green Bay Area USBC Association Manager(address below) by March 1st, 2022:
- Form #1 – APPLICANT’S PERSONAL DATA (This is a 2 page form) NOTE: This form needs to be signed by the applicant and a coach.
- Form #2 - APPLICATION QUESTION-ESSAY (Please use additional page).
- Form #3 - HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT (Please include a current transcript of grades from your high school/college).
- Form #4 - COACH’S INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATION
REMINDER: Our committee can only fairly evaluate your application if thorough information is provided. You can use additional pages if needed.
APPLICANT TO SEND ALL SCHOLARSHIP FORMS TO:
GREEN BAY AREA USBC
ATTN: YOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS
PO BOX 28373
GREEN BAY, WI 54324
If you have any questions, please contact Zach Boulanger at (920) 489-3766.
All scholarship funds will be deposited into the USBC Smart Program. The process for disbursement of these funds is handled by SMART.