GBBA USBC BA “TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP”
SPONSORED BY: DEAN DISTRIBUTING
QUALIFY FOR A 64-TEAM ONE-DAY, MATCH PLAY SINGLE GAME FINALS
1ST PLACE: $1,000 (based on 280 Qualifying Teams)
- Any five person team from your league can attempt to qualify for the tournament finals during league play. You can pick up any five individuals from your league to try and qualify. The 5 bowlers do not have to be on the same team, but they must be from your league and carry a USBC Membership card.
- Qualifying dates are December 10-11, and December 17-January 14. (Extra days this year for Sunday-Monday account for holidays)
- Entry Fee is $5 per bowler ($25 per team) and must be paid prior to the start of your league competition. ($20 prize fund, $5 lineage and expenses). Leave money with your center rep and pick up a score sheet prior to bowling.
- Use last years highest average Handicap is based on 80% of 230.
- 15 Pin Rule is in effect. If you are 15 pins higher in average this year at the time of qualifying, you must use this years average.
- All USBC rules not covered by these rules will be in effect.
- The top two (2) team scores including handicap from each house will automatically make the finals. The tournament director reserves the right to adjust automatic seeds.
- Remaining teams that have attempted to qualify but do not make the top 2 spots at their respective centers will have a chance to be in the tournament finals bracket as a wild card team.
- GBBA USBC BA will determine the wild card teams and seeding as per the established format.
- Bowlers may attempt to qualify with several teams, and as many times as they’d like, but a bowler can only be on one final roster for the match play portion of the tournament.
- Team captains for the 64 teams that make match play will be notified and need to submit the final rosters by the deadline outlined in the notification. Each team will be able to add one additional bowler, that bowler must also come from the same league. Once the roster has been submitted, there will be no changes made.
- Rosters should be submitted to the tournament director at PO Box 28373, Green Bay, WI 54324, firstname.lastname@example.org or via the online form available on greenbaybowling.com
- Finals consist of a one game head to head match. Winning team will move on to the next round. Format will repeat until a champion is determined.
- The 64 teams will be placed in 4 brackets of 16 teams, with the #1 seed vs #16 seed, #2 seed vs #15 seed and so forth in each bracket.
- Top qualifiers in each house will be give the #1-#4 seeds in each bracket based on total score established in each bracket.
MATCH PLAY FINALS – January 28th, 2018 at 9:30am
HELD at The Ashwaubenon Bowling Alley
2929 Allied St
Green Bay, WI 54304
Association President: Jerry Polarek 412-6130
Association Manager/Tournament Director: Zach Boulanger 857-6690 email@example.com
PRIZE PAY OUTS BASED ON 280 QUALIFYING TEAMS